You will hear a million stories on how to create a money making website, but which ones are real?
There are many scams out there telling you that you can make money fast, earn $1,000’s over night.
But honestly, this simply isn’t true. There is little chance you are going to be a success overnight believe me.
What I can show you is how you can set up your website the right way and show you the best way to start generating income within 6 months if you are prepared to put in the work.
There are no promises here, you have to commit to putting in the work to get where you want to be.
If you can do these things then I’m about to show you how you can start your first online money making business.
Quick Table of Contents
Hosting for Your Website
I won’t go over this too much, but if you are new to the game then you need hosting for your website.
My go to Hosting is the ALL-In-One package from Wealthy Affiliate. You get hosting for 25 websites, tons of training and a great Keyword research tool.
This is ideal for both beginners and experienced affiliate marketers and the best thing is that it’s free to join – you even get 2 websites and the first block of training.
You can read my review here – Is the Wealthy Affiliate Legit ? – A 2019 Review
Or jump straight in for free here:
Creating Your Website
Creating Your Website in Wealthy Affiliate is so simple a child can do it. And the best thing is that it takes less than 2 minutes to get it up and running.
Once again, I won’t labor the point in this post because we want to get to the good stuff right?
If you want to see how easy it is to set up a website then check out the link below.
Check out my training here: Building a Website for Free with WordPress
Overview of the Money Making Strategy
Right off the bat I want to explain to you that this is nothing new at all. I was first introduced to this method from a guy at Wealthy Affiliate as it happens (another reason it’s worth joining).
As a general rule the experts say, write a post of at least 1,000 words choosing the right keywords to get ranked on the search engines.
That’s all well and good, but you need to try and get into low competition areas to even have the chance of ranking well on Google. This strategy will help you do this.
The best method of getting ranked on Google and generating traffic is to write lengthy ‘Best Of’ posts that are at least 3,000 words in length and have the year in the title.
For Example “The Best Head Torches for Runners in 2019”
“The Best Blenders for Smoothies 2019”
Doing a best of review will generate far more traffic than a single product review believe me.
How Do We Get Started
To get started we need to cover the elements that are the building blocks of any website you are going to create and that is the following.
- Choosing a Niche
- Finding Keywords
- Finding the right Products
- Writing the Best Of Posts
- On Page SEO
Choosing A Niche
When choosing a Niche for best of posts you want to go fairly broad and not too narrow.
Unlike traditional Niche Finding where you want to try and narrow down to avoid lots of competition, the Best Of website can be fairly broad.
I say this because with a narrow niche you will struggle for ideas.
As a rule you should be looking at a Niche you could easily write 50 Best of posts.
A good Niche might be something like Camping Gear.
One that would be more difficult to create posts for would be Tents.
As you can see it’s the same Niche effectively, but you could easily create 50 best of posts with Camping Gear but would struggle within the Tent Niche.
Does this make sense? Perhaps I can show you an example with Amazon.
First of all I would go to the Amazon Departments page.
Within here you have everything that Amazon has to offer by department so it makes it really easy to pick a potential niche.
As I had already mentioned Camping Gear as a potential niche I will click on the Sports and Outdoors section to drill down into the Niche a lillte further.
From here I can then click on the Camping and Hiking button to open up all the items available in that area.
As you can see, Amazon has now given me a list of items that they are selling in store. They actually break down further if you click on them.
For instance, Backpacks and Bags breaks down into Day Packs, Dog Packs, Backpack Accessories etc.
So hopefully you can see the value in this and the amount of Best Of posts you could create from one small department.
The next step is to find low competitive keywords that will generate you lots of traffic.
The keyword research area is a very important one. This will determine whether you find yourself in a very competitive market or a low competition one.
Always go for low competition.
Here’s why ‘Best Of Posts’ work better for low competition but high traffic.
1. If you write a best of post with the year you are attracting motivated buyers. These are people that are looking to buy something but they want to see what are the best ones and why. So you already have someone on your page that has a higher intent to buy.
2. Best Of Posts are generally low competition but generate a lot of traffic (more on that in a minute).
3. Would you rather try and write a 1,000 to 1,500 word post on a one item review or write 300 words on 10 or so items? Believe me, the latter is far easier.
4. When you write a best of post you don’t just rank for the original keyword. Because you are reviewing multiple items you will ranks for many keywords within the same post which will lead to a lot of traffic.
So How Do We Actually Find The Right Keywords
- Finding the right keywords is really easy once you understand it.
Lets go back to the Camping Niche on Amazon and I will show you how.
Lets say I want to review the ‘The Best Camping Tents 2019’
The average monthly searches for this term is 164 and the competition is 11 (meaning the number of competing websites for this search term). This is a very good keyword.
However, it gets better that that. By using this search term you can also rank for the following:
- Best Camping Tents for 2019 – Traffic 164, Competition 23
- Best Camping Tents of 2019 – Traffic 181, Competition 35
- The Best Backpacking Tents 2019 – Traffic 199, Competition 3
- What’s the Best Camping Tent – Traffic 217, Competition 2
- The Best Camping Tent Review – Traffic 98, Competition 50
Finding The Right Products To Review
Many people will tell you this and it’s right. Don’t just go onto Amazon and look at the products with the best reviews or the top sellers. These are often the cheaper products and will give you lower commission – we want the best commission we can get right.
The best way to find products is to do your research.
Firstly you can check out what products other review sites are doing. If a product strikes you as being great then add that product to your list.
Don’t copy what the competition writes, do it better, make your reader trust you and make them want to click on your link.
The other thing you can do is check out other stores. I personally check out Walmart for 2 reasons. They are a hugely popular store and they also organize their products.
Here’s what I mean. Lets carry on with Tents for ease.
I search tents in Walmart. Once the products show then filter them by best sellers – this is key because you now know what the best selling tents are.
You can now go back to Amazon and check out each of the tents and create affiliate links for them.
The other great thing about Walmart is that they organize the products into groups.
So as you can see in the image below, the tents are categorised by size, or number of people who can sleep.
Based on this you could write a post on the top 5 tents for 1-4 persons, top 5 tents for 5-8 persons etc.
4 categories of 5 best of tents and you have a review that can generate literaaly 1,000’s of visitors per month.
Writing Your Best Of Posts
You have done everything outlined above. You have a Niche, you have the products, you have sorted out the right Keywords, well now it’s time to write your post.
Here’s the rules:
1. Your post needs to be at least 3,000 words long. Google loves long informative posts. Just throwing in the products with a few words will not only look very spammy and turn people away, it will also not be viewed well by Google.
2. Try to write your review like you are speaking to the person. Make it sound personal and explain to them why the product is right for them and what benefits it will have for them. If they feel you are talking to them and you can tell them how the item will change or improve their life or issue then they are more likely to buy from you.
3. If the item does have any special features, let the reader know how it’s going to benefit them. How will it help them.
4. Before you start writing about the products do a 600 – 800 word buying guide on what to look out for. In the case of a tent you might want to know about the groundsheet, how waterproof it is, what’s the best shape, headroom within the tent etc.
5. Create a link within each product review that takes the customer to Amazon, or whatever affiliate you may be using.
And that’s the basic outline of you’re post. You can check out some of these websites to get the general idea:
As you can see it’s a fairly basic formula. Take a good look at the Switchback Travel site and you will see the potential with review sites – this site is huge and generates $1,000,000’s per year.
On Page SEO
On page SEO is important to help you rank better and more quickly. You can check out my post On Page SEO for Beginners to help you get started, but here are a few tips:
1. Have you’re keyword within the first 100 words of your post. So if you are doing Best Camping Tents of 2019 you want to at least have Best Camping Tents within this.
2. Link out to trusted websites. As you will see in this post I haven’t just done Amazon, I also linked to some very good sites for you to look at their product review formats.
3. Link to you’re own content as well. Again, you will have noticed that I have linked to a few of my posts to better explain things like On Page SEO, Finding a Niche, Keyword Research and my Wealthy Affiliate review.
4. Make sure you’re content is visually pleasing for the reader – don’t just let it be line after line of text. Add in some images, bullet points etc. Also use a free tool like Grammarly so it will check all of you’re spelling and punctuation.
5. As I outlined before, try to write as naturally as possible. Remember, you are trying to offer the reader the best experience possible. You do that and they will come back. Don’t keyword stuff you’re content – that does not go down well.
I very much hope that this post has been of use to you and helps you on you’re way to generating money from your website.
Done correctly, this is a simple and efficient way to rank, generate traffic and make sales.
If you have any questions then please feel free to leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
The very best of luck to you in the future.